We have seen a steady demand from our clients and also from buyers on market places selling premium wordpress themes using this feature as a USP, so we though we help you transform just any ordinary wordpress theme into a modern portfolio.
Free Plugin Features
Future Portfolio Template Releases
Although this a complete solution in itself, but there’s more to look forward to than just a portfolio plugin. We will be releasing different template style variations that you can easily integrate on top of this plugin.
Simply grab a copy our plugin from directly from wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nimble-portfolio.
You can also checkout a working demo of our plugin on this very site here.
We would love to hear your feedback
After using this plugin if you encounter any problems or would like to suggest any improvement ideas then feel free to comment below or shoot us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Download the plugin from wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nimble-portfolio.
2. Unzip the ZIP package on your hard drive
3. FTP upload the plugin files to the plugin folder on your WP installation
1. Add portfolio item types under the ‘portfolio’ tab in dashboard such as web, mobile, graphics etc.
2. Add new portfolio items using custom post type under the tab ‘Portfolio’.
3. Add item title (keep it short), add description, then item type – video or image.
4. Then upload featured image from the far right bottom box. Once the image is uploaded first copy the generated URL from the field ‘Link URL’ then hit ‘use as featured image’ link at the bottom, then close the window. Paste the copied URL in the input field ‘image/video url’ on the left.
6. Specify a live URL for your project in the input field ‘portfolio url’.
29/06/2012 – First release, no updates available yet.
404 Not found issue on Read More link – FIX
By default the ‘read more’ option requires the ‘single-portfolio.php’. In case the ‘singe-portfolio.php’ does not exist, it uses ‘single.php’. If the ‘single-portfolio.php’ is missing, then make a copy of your file single.php as single-portfolio.php. If the single.php file does not exist in your template folder, then create a new file as ‘single-portfolio.php’ with the generic code that is commonly present in most WP themes.
Release of Premium Portfolio Plugin